Using cauliflower and white beans keeps this comfort food LIGHT.
A dreamy and creamy potato soup made with a few different ingredients. It’s still a comfort food without all the heavy cream!
You are always able to swirl in some cream to make it extra comfort-worthy.
- 2 Tbsp POUR OLIVE Ultra Premium Olive Oil, or Flavored Oil
- Half bunch celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 average sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1–2 tsp garlic powder, or fresh garlic- chopped
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp chili powder (or more if you’d like a kick)
- 40oz or about 1.5 quarts of Chicken Stock (Vegetable stock for vegetarian soup)
- Drizzle of oil and shredded cheese for topping
- In a large stock pot, over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil around and begin sautéing the celery and onion till translucent.
- Add the potatoes and all spices. Allow to sauté for 1 minute to release the flavors. Add white beans.
- Add 40oz of the stock and allow the batch to simmer for 30 minutes, till potatoes are tender. Add cauliflower, cook 5 minutes more, till tender.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly as this will keep the soup from rising too high in the blender and spewing from the lid.
Add the mixture to a food processor or blender in SMALL BATCHES and puree.
Return soup to stock pot and season with salt, add more stock or milk to adjust the thickness.
Portion into bowls and serve with a drizzle of POUR OLIVE oil on the top and some shredded cheese.