A simple, year round dish & it’s easy to customize.
The amounts in this recipe are easily increased, decreased, omitted, swapped for other veggies. You do as you please and make it to your liking!
Omit the chicken/feta and replace with a vegetarian/vegan opt.
- 1/2 pound cooked orzo (or use quinoa, cous cous…)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp Pour Olive’s California Garlic Olive Oil (or plain works well)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 squash, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup feta
- Salt and Pepper to taste- I used Pour Olive’s Sun-dried Tomato seasoning
- Pour Olive’s Sicilian Lemon balsamic, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat- add 2tbsp garlic olive oil and garlic.
- Allow garlic to become aromatic (not brown) then toss in all veggies and saute till soft but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool off. Toss veggies and roasted tomatoes into prepared orzo.
- Add in cheese, additional garlic olive oil (opt), lemon balsamic, and seasonings to taste and toss.
Serve at room temp or chilled, enjoy!