Chilling this recipe before adding your vinaigrette is key! Allow the quinoa and veggies to cool down to at least room temp before tossing it with your vinaigrette. This will keep the quinoa from soaking up the vinaigrette too much.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1–2 Tbsp Pour Olive’s Robust Ultra Premium Olive Oil- any variety of robust will do
- 2 cups Veggie mix- your choice- lightly sauteed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1–2 Tbsp Pour Olive’s Red Wine Vinegar
- 1–3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of Pour Olive’s Ultra Premium Olive Oil- any intensity will do (whichever you prefer)
- S & P- to taste
- Opt- honey or sugar (takes the bite off the vinaigrette)
- Prepare quinoa following package instructions. Set aside on a tray to cool
- While quinoa cooks, lightly saute your chosen veggies, allowing them to keep some of their bite (not overly soft).
- Pour veggies on top of quinoa and allow to cool.
- Mix the vinaigrette: in a bowl with a whisk combine lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and mustard.
- While whisking, drizzle in your olive oil. Keep whisking till combined and thickened. Add more oil if needed to adjust thickness or flavor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Opt- add a bit of honey or sugar to adjust the acid/strength of the mix.
- Combine vinaigrette with quinoa and veggies by tossing in a large bowl. Cover and chill.
- Serve chilled or at room temp. Keeps for a week in the cooler, perfect for week day lunches!