Our Lemon Olive Oil makes this recipe a cinch!
- 1/2 cup PO’s Lemon Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the lemon agrumato olive oil, eggs, sugar and almond extract until well blended.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and almonds. Stir dry mix into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough.
- Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. When the cookies are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake
Store in an airtight container on the counter. ENJOY!