All the YUM without any GUILT! Cauliflower based sauce.
Saying I was blown away by this recipe does not do it justice. It’s incredibly delicious and is now a staple at my house! It doesn’t hurt that it’s incredibly simple and FAST to make.
1 lb. uncooked fettuccine noodles
1 large head Cauliflower, chopped into chunks
6 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon Pour Olive’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt OR heavy cream, if you’d like it extra creamy
OPT: 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and add the cauliflower. Cook for 10 to 15 mins, or until tender. (The longer the cauliflower cooks the more smooth your sauce may be).
- While cooking cauliflower, bring a pot of salted water to boil for the fettuccine noodles. Cook noodles.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender or food processor IN PORTIONS and begin pureeing the cauliflower using some stock to help in blending. Add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Continue blending till completely smooth.
(allow the cauliflower to cool some before blending as this will keep it from rising too high and spewing from the blender lid!)
- Drizzle in the Pour Olive Garlic Olive Oil and blend till creamy! Adjust thickness by adding more stock.
- Add cauliflower mixture to a saute pan and cook over low heat, stir in the yogurt or heavy cream. OPT, stir in the Parmesan cheese and melt.
- Toss this sauce over your noodles and completely devour it! So delicious.
Hint: to make this dish even more healthy, try using strips of zucchini in place of some of the fettuccine noodles. Just drop the strips into the pasta water 1 minute before the fettuccine is done cooking to soften the zucchini up a bit!
Keeps well in the cooler for at least 1 week.