A twist with added flare from our Baklouti Green Chili olive oil.
Exchange the chicken for veggies or alternate protein source, like tofu or chickpeas!
- 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs cut into 2” pieces (or other vegetarian option)
- 3 large onions finely chopped
- 1 TBsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1?2 tsp whole mustard seed
- 1?2 tsp whole cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 5 curry leaves (optional- likely found at Indian Markets)
- 2 TBsp garam masala spice
- 1 TBsp turmeric
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 TBsp Pour Olive’s garlic olive oil
- 3 TBsp Pour Olive’s Baklouti Chili Fused Olive Oil (or other infused olive oil or UP EVOO of choice)
- 1 TBsp Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock – low sodium
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1?2 cup cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced serrano chilies – optional
- Heat Baklouti in a large heavy bottom dutch oven over medium flame.
- Add the mustard seed, cardamon, cumin seeds to pot. Stir until fragrant and the seeds begin to pop.
- Add curry leaves if using. Add finely chopped onions and cook until well browned, about 7-10 minutes
- Add the ginger, garam masala, turmeric and garlic olive oil to the pot stirring well until combined.
- Add chicken to the pot with tomatoes, stock, a cup of water, and honey ginger white balsamic. Add salt and pepper and allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes until the curry has reduced and thickened a bit.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve over steamed basmati rice with cilantro and thinly sliced serrano chilies as garnish.