Sweet and tangy cherry flavor is a perfect match with chocolate!
– 3 teaspoons POUR OLIVE Dark Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the butter stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract, cherry balsamic, and the chocolate mixture until well mixed.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets so they are 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
This recipe yields about 3 dozen cookies