Simple yet quality ingredients elevate this classic recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup date sugar or regular sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbs. Pour Olive’s Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Mix together to dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until no spots of dry ingredients are visible. Use batter immediately in a greased, preheated waffle iron.
Serve warm waffles with fresh fruit or with topping off choice, like a drizzle of Pour Olive’s Espresso or Dark Chocolate balsamic and whipped cream!