A sauce that’s made better with our fresh olive oil!
This is an all purpose sauce, dip, spread, condiment that adds life to any dish.
Try it smeared across any grilled veggie or meat.
Dip it with bread or pita, mix it into rice, quinoa, or any grain bowl.
If your potato or pasta salad needs a zip- add this!
Great for adding flavor to empanadas, enchiladas, or quesadillas.
Marinate anything in it- mushrooms, a fatty fish, steak, chicken and more.
Put it on pizza, add it to sour cream or yogurt for a dip… seemingly endless uses!
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup Pour Olive’s Plain Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Pour Olive’s champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can adjust this amount but I recommend having some heat)
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped but stop short of making a fine paste.
- Scrape the chimichurri into a bowl and adjust the seasonings as desired.
This can be served immediately but it benefits from being allowed to sit for a few hours while the flavors meld in the refrigerator. However, if chilled, return to room temperature before serving.
Keeps well for up to three days covered and refrigerated.
Makes approximately 3/4 cup of sauce