Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar is the yummy secret!
Ingredients for ONIONS:
- 1 pound red onions, cut crosswise into 1/3in thick rounds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, such as Pour Olive’s Chipotle EVOO
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Pour Olive Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
Ingredients for KETCHUP (opt):
- 1 C ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Chipotle EVOO
- 1 or 2 tsp. Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
Ingredients for BURGERS:
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Tasty Flame Ancho Coffee Rub
- 6 slices thick cut sharp cheddar
- 6 burger buns (brioche is excellent)
- 6 tomato slices
- Fresh spinach, for topping
- Prepare grill. Arrange onion rounds on baking sheet. Brush with EVOO and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Lay onions on grill rack, cook till marked, about 4 minutes each side. Move to cooler area on grill and cook till tender.
- Transfer to medium bowl and toss with Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- Mix Ketchup, EVOO, and Dark Chocolate Balsamic. Cover and chill.
- Mix burger meat with Tasty Flame Ancho Coffee Rub, or rub on the outside of the formed patties.
- Cook on the grill till almost desired doneness, top with onions and cheese and grill till cheese melts.
Build your burgers to your taste, add ketchup mixture and spinach for total greatness! Grilling your buns puts these burgers over the top.