Yummy Wings in the Oven
4 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons PO garlic olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup PO 18-year aged balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Line 2 large shallow baking pans with foil.
2. Put pans in oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
3. Pat wings dry, then toss with PO garlic olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and divide between preheated pans, spreading wings in 1 layer.
4. Roast, without turning, until golden and tender, about 35 minutes.
5. While the wings roast, simmer PO 18-year aged balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/3 cup, 12 to 14 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
7. Remove roasted wings from oven and let stand in pans 1 minute (makes wings easier to remove from foil)
8. Transfer with tongs to a clean large bowl. Pour balsamic mixture over wings and toss to coat well.
9. Let stand 5 minutes, then toss again.