Because what’s better than Chocolate?
This is an easy recipe! To put it simply, you’re just melting and mixing chocolate, letting it set up and then rolling them into balls. It’s messy, fun and tasty, so enjoy!
1/2 Cup heavy cream
1 pinch of sea salt
8 ounces best quality dark chocolate in chip form, or chopped small
3 tablespoons Pour Olive’s dark or white balsamic – my favorite options for this are: raspberry, apricot, strawberry, maple, espresso, lavender, mango, coconut, or traditional.
Truffle finishing coat (see opt below)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium size heat proof bowl.
- Heat the cream and salt in a heavy bottom sauce pan over low heat until it just begins to steam. Do not boil.
- Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes without stirring. Stir the mixture gently until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add the Pour Olive balsamic and stir to combine well. Cool to room temperature and then place the bowl in the refrigerator, covered, until the ganache has become cold and can be scooped and formed into balls.
- Have a baking sheet lined with parchment ready that will fit into your fridge or freezer.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cold balsamic ganache and quickly roll between your hands to form a ball (If you spend too much time trying to get the shape just right, you’ll begin to melt the ganache and it will be a mess). Free form it!!
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and place in the fridge or freezer till firm.
- Now you can roll truffles in your finishing coat of choice, like crushed nuts, coconut, or chocolate. Enjoy!
Great options for rolling/coating the truffles:
- freeze dried strawberry or raspberries, blended into a powder (beautiful color!)
- shredded and toasted coconut or crushed almonds/peanuts
- cocoa powder
- melted and tempered chocolate (a bit tricky but delicious)
Best stored in single layers, separated by parchment or wax paper in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They can be taken out and served at room temperature.
- Category: Dessert