Hiring for the Holidays!
Now Hiring for the Holiday Season
Pour Olive is in need of a friendly face with great taste buds!
We are a local small business that runs well throughout the year and then explodes during the holiday season. It's always a lot of busy fun that we look forward to each year! We are a bit short staffed moving into the 2016 Holiday Season and are in need of someone who can help us out. Are you interested or know someone who is wanting/willing to help out? Let us know with an email to [email protected] Please include a resume and a quick cover letter about yourself.
What it entails:
- Greeting our fine guests as they arrive and directing them to their desired goods
- Help our guests pick their favorite oils & balsamic by suggesting pairings
- Whip up some quick samples of pairings
- Relaying some of the most important olive oil and balsamic knowledge to those who are curious
- Filling and stocking bottles
- Stocking gifts, food, and body products
- General cleaning like wiping counters, sweeping and mopping, cleaning dishes
- General opening/closing tasks
- Ringing up items on our register and completing transactions
- Preparing and packaging larger orders to our customer's specifications
- Preparing gift baskets
- Lifting and moving 20+ pound Fusti containers
- Stamping bags
- Telling jokes (okay, that's not necessary but enjoyable!!)
- Team work!
What is helpful and/or necessary:
- Previous customer service experience in a food related industry or otherwise
- A casual and respectful attitude/personality
- Knowledge of common food pairings and flavor compliments
- Ability to work on your feet for long periods
- Ability to maintain composure during a rush
- Efficient work ethic (multi-tasking)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Your own transportation
- Team work! (Repeated because it's extra important.)
Hours will range anywhere from 10am till 6 or 7pm. We are open Monday through Saturday and the first 3 Sundays of December. We are looking to fill some Saturdays in November and several days in December. Being available for Thanksgiving EVE through Christmas Eve is extremely helpful!
Sound like a good deal? Great! Send in your information to [email protected] with a little information about yourself and your availability.